As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT Crossfader problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT Crossfader problem
ark
Chain Chomp
Re:OT Crossfader problem 12 Years, 2 Months ago
I may be imagining this, but I seem to remember that Elektron said that early in the Octatrack production run, they got a few bad crossfaders that they had to replace.

By the way, I would strongly advise against using compressed air on electronic components, because it is often so compressed that it can damage delicate components. Instead, use one of these. They're cheap, easy to control, and never run dry.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
^ + 1. You may also be blowing propellant all over the inside of your electronics with the compressed air cans. For blowing out your $10 PC keyboard it might be ok but the Giotto gives a powerful stream of air with no propellant etc. Plus it never runs out of air like Ark says.
Goomba
Up !

Ok so I've recieved a new OT (new serial).

The fader is much harder to glide than the previous one. The first one was gliding to its maximum course with just a poke !

It makes me think those crossfaders that glide too well may be of the faulty ones... an hint for everyone that has a problem with their crossfader ?

@phading : sorry to hear that and I feel you too. Hope it won't start again cause I missed the OT so bad !!!

@Veets and ark : thx for the tips. Didn't know the Giottos.
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
Hekojin wrote:
Up !

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. How long did it take for them to replace it?

I have my OT packed since last friday and am still waiting for elektron. They said they would send UPS to pick it up, but one weak later and I'm still waiting.
I just hope I can have it ready at least some days before my gig.
Goomba
phading wrote:
Hekojin wrote:
Up !

Congratulations! I'm happy for you. How long did it take for them to replace it?

I have my OT packed since last friday and am still waiting for elektron. They said they would send UPS to pick it up, but one weak later and I'm still waiting.
I just hope I can have it ready at least some days before my gig.

Hey,

I didn't send it to Elektron but to the retailer. Thomann in Germany.

They have a really great customer service. Hats off !!!

It took a week and a half to have a new OT.

Hope it'll be ok for you too.
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
Hekojin wrote:

Hey,

I didn't send it to Elektron but to the retailer. Thomann in Germany.

They have a really great customer service. Hats off !!!

It took a week and a half to have a new OT.

Hope it'll be ok for you too.

Wow! One week and a half? That's awesome!
I'm waiting for more than a week just for them to arrange a UPS shipping (if I knew it would take them so long I would have sent it myself with my own money one week ago).

Elektron must be really busy, I definitely was not expecting this. Where is Daniel from elektron support?
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
It's nearly a month now since I sent my OT back with an encoder issue. I also sent my MD & MM for upgrades. A month! I can tell you I'm pacing the floor, I knew I was addicted but this is ridiculous. Elektron cold turkey lol
Go to top Post Reply